Chopta Valley is an ideal place for mountain lovers, nature photographers, astrophotographers and bird watchers. The valley is perched at an altitude of 13100 feet above sea level. It is one of the most exciting and adventurous treks in the Uttarakhand region. The Valley is suitable for visiting all around the year. Also known as mini Switzerland, the Valley is perfect to spend some quality time in the lap of nature and offers a peaceful atmosphere.
The chopta valley is situated at the glorious Garhwal and is one of the most preferred trekking destinations in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. This valley is known for the skyscraping view of Himalayan peaks as well as for its spiritual purity. The top of the valley is dedicated to Lord Shiva and it has religious importance. Chopta valley attracts a large number of tourists all across the globe and is known for its natural beauty. If you plan to go to Chopta, visit Chandra Shila and Tungnath as well. From Chandra Shila, you will get to see the mesmerizing view of 5 famous peaks which are Nandadevi, Trishul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpoonch, Chaukhamba.
How to reach-
Chopta is a small valley in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. The valley is seated at an altitude of 4,000meters (13,000feet) above sea level. It is a popular trekking destination. The trek starts from Sari Village, which takes 7 to 8 hours to reach from Dehradun. There are several ways to reach Dehradun.
By Air: The nearest airport to reach Chopta valley is Jolly Grant Airport. This airport is well connected with Sari Village via road. You can easily hire a private taxi or opt for public transportation (a bus) to reach Sari village.
By Road: Private and government buses are available from Haridwar to Chopta, Delhi to Dehradun and Chandigarh to Dehradun and Haridwar to Dehradun, and Dehradun to Sari.
By Train: Haridwar railway station is the nearest railway station to Sari village and is well connected by all the major cities of India. Public transportation (Buses) and Private transportation (cabs and taxis) are easily available to reach Sari village from Haridwar.
Chopta Valley highlights-
- Tungnath Temple
- Sari village
- Deoria Tal
- Rohini Bugyal
- Bisuri Tal
- Kanchula Korak Musk Deer Sanctuary
- Chandrashila Trek
Do’s and Don’ts on this journey
- Keep your surroundings neat, clean and green. Do not throw waste here and there. Keep the trash in your bag and take it back with you
- Use reusable items such as reusable plastic bags and bottles.
- Use eco-friendly products. Avoid the use of plastic.
- Carry your trek pole always whenever you are going for the trek. It will make your trekking very easy
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the trek. So avoid drinking and smoking.
- Wear comfortable trekking clothes. Try to avoid jeans and body fitting clothes.
- Do not drink and smoke
- Do not carry expensive gadgets and pieces of jewelry with you.
- Do not consume anything carelessly, watch your eating habits.
- Do not pollute rivers, water springs, and lakes or throw any waste into it.
- Do not create noise, it disturbs the local people, fellow travelers, birds, and other species. Let the mountains be peaceful, do not turn them into noisy cities.
- Do not take any medicine without consulting a doctor or physician.
- Do not wander off on your own, if you have no idea about the place.
- If you are traveling in a group, follow the instructions of your leader.
Things to Pack for the Trek
- Thermal inner wears and Thermal inner pants
- Comfortable trekking pants and T-shirts
- Fleece jacket and Down jacket
- Waterproof windbreaker
- Pair of waterproof gloves and woolen socks
- A monkey cap, Warm hat, and Sun cap
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Portable charger
- Camera with extra batteries and memory card
- A small bottle of shampoo, Facial mist, Moisturizer, Toothpaste, Lip balm, body wipes, and face wipes and toothbrush
- Trekking gears like a Sleeping bag, tent, mattress, etc.
- Trekking shoes (water-resistant, with ankle support) and trekking pole
- Headlight with extra batteries
- First aid box with all the necessary medicines
- Filterable water bottle and eatery supplements
- Cash- In case you may not find any nearby ATM machines